Archive for the ‘News’
Published March 22nd, 2017
Published October 7th, 2015
If you are moving or disposing of a large amount of trash, please do not place a large quantity at the curb-you must arrange for a dumpster or pickup at your own cost. Weekly curbside trash collection is for normal household refuse amounts.
Please do not exceed four 35 gallon cans. Do not exceed 50 lbs in weight-the can must be able to be picked up by one person.
A large item pickup can be pre-scheduled through the Village Office (759-3721) for pickup the first Thursday of each month, however, excessive quantities will not be accepted.
Please see below for additional information on garbage and recycling.
- Pickup every Thursday
- Place curbside by 6:00 am
- If a holiday falls on a Thursday, pickup will be the following Saturday
- Appliances-Picked up the first Thursday of each month. Cost is $5 and stickers must be purchased at Village Office.
- Tires-Up to 4 tires can be picked up on Thursdays. Cost is $2 per tire and stickers must be purchased at Village Office.
- Large Item– Picked up the first Thursday of each month. No charge; however, the Village Office must be contacted in order to schedule the pick up prior to placement at curb.
- Construction Waste-Persons with over half cubic yard must arrange for their own pick up with a vendor of their choice and at their cost.
- Electronics-CANNOT be picked up. Special pickup is scheduled annually in August or you may make your own arrangements.
Published October 7th, 2015
Customers of Benton Municipal Utilities may sign up for direct payment of their utility bills. Simply fill out the attached Direct Payment Authorization Form and return to the Benton Village Office located at 244 Ridge Avenue. You will then be signed up to have your utility bill paid directly from your checking account each month. Payments will be withdrawn from your account on the 15th of each month. Customers must be signed up by the 10th of the month to participate in that month’s direct payment of their bill. You will continue to receive a copy of your bill, however, payments will be automatically withdrawn from your account. No need to write another check!! If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Village Office at (608) 759-3721.
Published April 29th, 2015
Published February 11th, 2015
Please remember to license your dog! Any dog over the age of 5 months is required to be licensed.
To license your dog, please provide the village office with updated rabies immunization information including the vaccine manufacturer, serial number, date given and expiration date. The cost to license a fixed dog is $5 and an unfixed dog is $10. Licenses were due January 31st, but if you license before April 1st you can still avoid the $5 late fee!
Published October 24th, 2014
A new option to make online payments or view your utility bill balance is now available through Payment Service Network (PSN) at www.paymentservicenetwork.com.
PSN allows you to
- Pay from checking, savings, credit card, debit card
- Pay immediately, schedule a payment or set up Auto-Pay for the amount of your bill
- Print receipts, view payment history, see status of payments (online only)
- Check your account balance
Online payments can also be made through Official Payments at www.officialpayments.com; however this service will not provide your account balance.
Please note a convenience fee does apply for each of the above online services. You can compare the two to determine which will offer a lower fee based upon your payment amount.
Direct Payment continues to be available. This option allows automatic payment of your utility bill each month from a checking or savings account. No need to worry about another late fee or writing another check! There is no fee for this option. To enroll simply fill out the Direct Payment Authorization Form and return it to the Village Office.